BE AWARE – THIS LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH FULL LINKS AT:
Abramoff pleaded guilty on January 3, 2006, to three criminal felony counts in a Washington, D.C., federal court related to the defrauding of American Indian tribes and corruption of public officials. The following day he pleaded guilty to two criminal felony counts in a separate federal court, in Miami, related to his fraudulent dealings with SunCruz Casinos.
On March 29, 2006, he was sentenced to five years and ten months in prison and ordered to pay restitution of more than $21 million. His prison sentence was the minimum permitted under a plea bargain with federal prosecutors, in part because of his purported cooperation in the federal investigation. In October 2006, more than six months after his sentencing, he was ordered by a federal judge to report to federal prison by November 15, 2006.
List of participants caught up in the Abramoff investigation
● Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) On September 15, 2006, the Justice Department filed Ney’s guilty pleas to a charge of conspiracy to defraud the United States and to a charge of falsifying financial disclosure forms. For involvement with Abramoff, Kidan, and DeLay, Indian casino money laundering. Recipient of contributions from Abramoff and Kidan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ney
● David Hossein Safavian Chief of staff of the United States General Services Administration (GSA) and convicted criminal in the Jack Abramoff lobbying and corruption scandal. Convicted of lying & obstruction of Justice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Safavian
● Bernie Kerik – At Giuliani’s recommendation, President George W. Bush nominated Kerik for Homeland Security secretary in 2004In 2006, Kerik pled guilty to two unrelated ethics violations after an investigation by the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, and was ordered to pay $221,000. He is currently under federal scrutiny for tax evasion. In addition, a Daily News“investigation revealed that Kerik accepted cash and gifts from Interstate Industrial, an allegedly mobbed-up construction company.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Kerik
● Ralph Reed – Reed, a Bush Pioneer (2000), Ranger (2004) and prominent Republican lobbyist, is being investigated because of a $4 million payment that Abramoff made to Reed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_E._Reed%2C_Jr.#Indian_gambling_scandals
● Republican strategist and Citadel Military College graduate Robin Vanderwall was convicted in Virginia on five counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet. Director of Faith & Family Alliance, (a Christian Coalition spin off), former student of Pat Robertson’s Regent University, member of Ralph Reed’s inner circle who funneled money to from lobbyist Jack Abromoff to Reed, convicted in Virginia for soliciting sex from a 13-year-old-boy and on four other counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet. Virginian-Pilot Article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff_timeline
● Sen. Conrad Burns – Former Sen. Burns was the largest recipient of Abramoff-related money in the U.S. Senate, and made calls urging the Department of Interior to award federal grants to an Abramoff client. That effort failed and Burns later inserted an earmark directing the grant in an appropriations bill. Is currently being investigated. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5299944
● The FBI raids the home of Republican Congressman John Doolittle, investigating his ties to Jack Abramoff. April 18, 2007: Pays his wife 15% commission for fundraising for his own reelection campaigns. During the last two election cycles, she has received this commission for every dollar raised, and in total has been paid nearly $180,000 so far. Also, Jack Abramoff and his clients have given tens of thousands of dollars to Doolittle and his wife. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-doolittle5sep05,1,1445641.story?coll=la-headlines-nation
● Roger Stillwell – “Stillwell, a former Interior Department official, was sentenced to two years on probation in January after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge for not reporting hundreds of dollars worth of sports and concert tickets he received from Abramoff.”
● The FBI questions Republican Congressman Tom Feeney about his dealings with Jack Abramoff. Probed for corporate ties to Yang Enterprises, involved in over billing state of Florida. Feeney was Jeb Bush’s 1994 running mate for Lt. Gov.
April 23, 2007: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/29/Opinion/_Feeney_sinks_further.shtml
● Republican – Mark Zachares is a former Congressional aide to Rep. Don Young (R-AK) and lobbyist who pleaded guilty to accepting tens of thousands of dollars in gifts from lobbyist Jack Abramoff, in return for using his position in Congress to advance Abramoff’s interests. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Zachares
● Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) Tied to Abramoff scandal on loan papers. Recipient of contributions from Abramoff.
● Rep. Roy Blunt, House Majority Leader (R-MO). Investigated for trading illegal PAC money with DeLay through Blunt’s Rely on Your Beliefs Fund. Received Indian casino money from tribes represented by Abramoff.
● Former Deputy Interior Secretary J. Steven Griles, an oil and gas lobbyist who became an architect of George W. Bush’s energy policies, pleads guilty to obstructing justice by lying to a Senate committee. March 23, 2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Steven_Griles ttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17753123/
● Tony Charles Rudy – Republican lobbyist, associate of Abramoff. Rudy pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy and agreed to cooperate with investigators. Tom DeLay and Bob Ney are identified in the plea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Rudy
● Rep. Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House (R-IL) Republican. Held a fundraiser at Jack Abramoff’s Signatures restaurant in Washington on June 3, 2003, that collected at least $21,500 for his Keep Our Majority political action committee from the Abramoff’s firm and tribal clients. Seven days later, Hastert wrote Interior Secretary Gale Norton, urging her to reject the Jena tribe of Choctaw Indians’ request for a new casino. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Haster#Support_for_Turkey
● Gov. Ernie Fletcher (R-KY). Criminal probe in a state employees’ merit system scandal. Received contributions from DeLay’s ARMPAC, linked to Abramoff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Jim Ellis, Director Americans for a Republican Majority (ARMPAC) PAC (R-TX) Tied to DeLay and Abramoff, indicted. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Ellis_%28politics%29
● John Colyandro, Texans for a Republican Majority (TRMPAC), DeLay associate (R-TX) Indicted. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Colyandro
● Warren RoBold, Lobbyist and DeLay associate (R-TX) Indicted. http://www.dccc.org/stakeholder/archives/003355.html
● Republican. Interior Department, Roger G. Stillwell bribed by Abramoff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Stillwell
● Rep. Tom DeLay, House Majority Leader (R-TX) Probed for campaign finance fraud, ties to Abramoff/Kidan, Saipan sweat shops. Grand Jury, Travis County prosecutor, and House Ethics Committee probing DeLay. Indicted by Travis County District Attorney for 1 count of criminal conspiracy and 2 counts of money laundering. Arrested and booked at Harris County jail October 20, 2005. Recipient of contributions from Abramoff.
● Republican Michael Scanlon, former chief of staff to Tom DeLay. Being probed for involvement in Indian casino scandal with Abramoff, Kidan, and DeLay. Indicted Nov. 18, 2005 for conspiracy to defraud Indian tribes. Pleaded guilty Nov. 21. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Scanlon
List of participants caught up in the DeLay investigation
● Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) Being probed for involvement with Abramoff, Kidan, and DeLay, Indian casino money laundering. Recipient of contributions from Abramoff and Kidan. Indictment may be imminent. (see earlier entry)
● Bob Ney’s chief of staff , William Heaton, one count of conspiracy to commit fraud. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Heaton
● Republican’s Jim Ellis, ARMPAC’s executive director. Money laundering as well as 13 counts of unlawful acceptance of a corporate political contribution. Money laundering charges stem from $190,000 in corporate funds that were sent to the Republican National Party http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39563-2004Sep21.html
● Republican John Colyandro, former executive director of Texans for a Republican Majority (TRM), Money laundering as well as 13 counts of unlawful acceptance of a corporate political contribution. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39563-2004Sep21.html
● Gov. Ernie Fletcher (R-KY). Criminal probe in a state employees’ merit system scandal. Received contributions from DeLay’s ARMPAC, linked to Abramoff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Rep. Roy Blunt, House Majority Leader (R-MO). Investigated for trading illegal PAC money with DeLay through Blunt’s Rely on Your Beliefs Fund. Received Indian casino money from tribes represented by Abramoff.
● Montana Gubernatorial candidate Pat Davison sentenced to the maximum of 10 years in federal prison. Davison pled guilty to two charges of federal securities fraud after the U.S. Attorney’s office says that he defrauded at least 13 victims of $6.8 million. http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/global/story.asp?s=6785153&ClientType=Printable
● Senate President Ben Stevens (R-AK) In a court ruling this week, a federal judge identified former state Senate President Ben Stevens as an alleged co-conspirator in a bribery scheme involving legislators and oil field services contractor Veco Corp. Subject to a recall petition. Son of US Senate Pro Tem President Ted Stevens. http://www.adn.com/front/story/9263029p-9177910c.html
● Republican former Jefferson County, Colorado, Treasurer Mark Paschall indicted on two felony charges “in connection with an allegation that Paschall solicited a kickback from a bonus he awarded one of his employees” January 29, 2007: http://co.jefferson.co.us/news/news_item_T3_R472.htm
● Michael Hooks, Sr, chairman Shelby County Commission Charged with taking more than $24,000 in bribes to help a company called E-Cycle Management – a sham company set up by the FBI – win business contracts with Shelby County government. http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=3784361
● Sam Wyly, Charles Wyly – “According to news reports Sam and Charles Wyly, better known as the “Wyly Brothers” are under investigation for tax evasion. In early 2005 Michaels Stores Inc. revealed that U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York County District Attorney were investigating the stock transactions of Charles and Sam Wyly, the company’s President and Vice-President. The Billionaire Bush patrons are accused of setting up offshore trusts on the Isle of Man, a noted tax shelter in the Irish Sea, in an attempt to evade paying taxes on stock options. [Dallas Morning News, 6/4/05]”
● Mel Martinez – A FEC audit found the Martinez campaign failed to properly disclose $162,000 in contributions. http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2006/08/martinezs_audit.html
● Katherine Harris – Former Rep. Harris accepted $32,000 in illegal contributions from MZM Inc.’s President Mitchell Wade. She then requested tens of millions in earmarks that would benefit Wade. Wade later pleaded guilty to making illegal campaign contributions, in addition to conspiracy, corruption and election fraud. Harris maintained that she did not know the contributions were illegal and lost her race for Senate in 2006.
● Michael Aaron Lay – Coordinator in Congressman Patrick McHenry’s (R-NC) 2004 campaign. Indicted for voter fraud in North Carolina, voting twice for Congressman McHenry. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/05/11/primarysource/entry2793560.shtml
● Republican Rep. Gary Miller – Is Currently under investigation by the FBI for an inappropriate land deal which made him $10 million. http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/rep.-gary-miller-in-senior-perch-is-part-of-fbi-probe-2007-01-31.html
● Rep. Don Young (R-AK) – Federal officials are investigating a number of allegations against Young, including his ties to Veco, an Alaska company who’s CEO pleaded guilty to bribery, as well as contributions connected to a Florida highway and a transportation measure benefitting a Wisconsin trucking company. http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003996.php
● Republican Claude Allen – “Allen, who had been Bush’s domestic policy adviser, pleaded guilty to theft in making phony returns at discount department stores while working at the White House. He was sentenced to two years of supervised probation and fined $500.”
● Republican Robert T. Schofield – Schofield “pleaded guilty to accepting at least $600,000 in bribes to provide fraudulent citizenship documents to hundreds of Asian immigrants.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/30/AR2006113000603.html
● Edmund Matricardi III, former executive director of the Republican Party of Virginia. Pled guilty to one federal felony count of wiretapping yesterday, a week before he was to go on trial for eavesdropping on Democratic conference calls…charged with five counts stemming from his listening to and taping two different conference calls in which Democrats discussed strategy in their lawsuit against the new legislative districts Republicans drew in 2001. http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/matricardi/usmatricardi103ind.pdf
● Former Republican Memphis City Schools Commissioner , Michael Hooks Jr. Four criminal counts related to the ongoing public corruption probe known as Operation Tennessee Waltz. The indictment says between March 2, 2001, and Dec. 26, 2001, Hooks, Jr., along with FBI informant Tim Willis and former juvenile court employee Darrell Catron, conspired to embezzle or obtain by fraud property that was valued at $5000 or more that was owned by or under the care, control, or custody of the Shelby County Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office of Shelby County, Tennessee. http://wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=5055283&nav=menu93_2_5
● Michael Tristano, chief of staff to State Rep. Lee A. Daniels, when Daniels served as House Republican Leader and Minority Leader in the state House of Representatives. Indicted for diverting state employees to campaign work. May 19, 2005 http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_139113539.html
● Republican Chief of Staff Peter Ellef : Bribery – Rowland administration corruption scandal http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2006/04/wizard_of_oz_ge.php
● Kenneth Tomlinson (Republican) Former Head of CPB, under investigation. He currently served as the chairman of the Broadcasting Board of Governors, which manages Voice of America radio. According to The New York Times, there is an ongoing inquiry concerning possible criminal misuse of federal money by Tomlinson. Investigators at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting said on 15 November 2005 “that they had uncovered evidence that its former chairman had repeatedly broken federal law and the organization’s own regulations in a campaign to combat what he saw as liberal bias.” According to the New York Times, State Department investigators determined in 2006 that he had “used his office to run a ‘horse racing operation’,” that he “improperly put a friend on the payroll,” that he “repeatedly used government employees to perform personal errands,” and that he “billed the government for more days of work than the rules permit.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Tomlinson
● Republican Connecticut Gov. John Rowland. Convicted, imprisoned 2004. Rowland plead guilty to stealing honest service. Rowland was sentenced on March 18, 2005, in New Haven, Connecticut to one year and one day in prison, four months house arrest, three years probation and community service. On April 1 he entered the Federal Correctional Institution in Loretto, Pennsylvania. His Federal inmate number was 15623-014.
● The FBI and IRS raid the home of Republican Senator Ted Stevens following investigations into Stevens’ dealings with the corrupt VECO Corporation. July 30, 2007: http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6997143
● A grand jury report declares that the sale of public land to Republican Congressman Ken Calvert and his business partners violated the law. In September 2006, Calvert was named one of the “20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress” in a report by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. Champion of the Christian Coalition and its “family values.” Sued as an alimony deadbeat by his ex-wife. Said “We can’t forgive what occurred between the President and Lewinsky.” In 1993 he was caught by police receiving oral sex from a prostitute and attempted to flee the scene. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Calvert
● Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) Probed for bribery regarding financial ties with and favors for defense firm MZM. He pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud, and tax evasion. On March 3, 2006, he received a sentence of eight years and four months in prison and an order to pay $1.8 million in restitution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_%22Duke%22_Cunningham
● Bruce Weyhrauch former Alaska state Republican legislator, was arrested and accused of soliciting and accepting bribes from the corrupt VECO Corporation. May 4, 2007: http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7024205
● Pete Kott, former Alaska state Republican legislator, was arrested and accused of soliciting and accepting bribes from the corrupt VECO Corporation. May 4, 2007: http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7024205
● Republican Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons for suspicion of accepting bribes in exchange for securing government contracts. May 12, 2007: http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070821/NEWS04/708210353/1007/NEWS
● Former Republican Gov. George Ryan of Illinois on 18 corruption charges. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-ryanaug22,0,7934619.story?coll=chi_home_util
● Republican Larry Warner, lobbyist, co-defendent with Gov Ryan ……..Prosecutors say Ryan steered state contracts and leases to a select group of friends, including his co-defendant in the case, lobbyist Larry Warner, and received subtle kickbacks that included gifts, vacations and other benefits. Some criminal charges against Ryan stem from his 1999-2003 term as governor. http://cbs2chicago.com/medillnewsservice/local_story_107194221.html
● Republican Scott Fawell, Gov Ryan’s top aide, campaign manager and former secretary of state during much of the 1990s. Convicted of racketeering in 2003 in connection with his work for Ryan, Fawell was sentenced to 6 1/2 years. Fawell later agreed to help the government at the request of his indicted fiancee, Andrea Coutretsis. http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:ggxa7YqmVksJ:www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/indict/2004/fawell_et_al.pdf+Scott+Fawell&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us
● Republican Andrea Coutretsis, a Fawell assistant who later developed a relationship with him, has pleaded guilty in two separate corruption cases and received four months in prison. http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/local_story_212170533.html
● Republican Ronnie Gene DeShon, 50, of Gallatin, Mo., superintendent of the Pattonsburg, Missouri R-II School District. Pleaded guilty in federal court today to embezzling more than $844,000 from the school district. The court released DeShon on his own recognizance. http://home.att.net/~fcwriter/news43.htm
● Bob Kjellander, Republican National Treasurer (R-IL). Under Federal probe for steering investment contracts to Illinois Teachers Retirement Fund. http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/2754/
● Republican Bradley R. Hiller, Ex-GOP insider. Pleaded guilty Wednesday to two felonies in connection with spending he could not account for while running the Senate Republicans’ fundraising committee. Judge Stoner sentenced him to one year in prison. Initially, Hiller was charged with writing eight fraudulent checks to himself valued at $24,890.39, but he agreed to repay the committee $146,775 for expense checks he wrote to himself that could not be documented. February 5, 2005 http://www.reporter-times.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=19627&format=html
MERIT SYSTEM SCANDAL – KENTUCKY
● Dan Druen, Transportation Commissioner (R-KY) Merit system scandal, witness tampering. Indicted. In December, 2005, Druen was charged by the Kentucky Executive Branch Ethics Commission with ten ethics counts stemming from the hiring scandal. Each of those counts carries a fine of up to $5,000. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Druen
● Tim Hazlette – Indicted – Pardoned
● Bob Wilson, Deputy Personnel Secretary (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Darrell Brock, Chairman of Kentucky GOP (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Basil Turbyfill, Personnel Adviser to KY Gov. Ernie Fletcher (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Bill Nighbert, Transportation Secretary (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Trial set. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Dick Murgatroyd, Deputy Chief of Staff to KY Gov. Ernie Fletcher (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Jim Adams, Deputy Transportation Secretary (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Cory Meadows, Executive Director, Transportation Dept. (R-KY) Merit system scandal. Indicted. Pardoned by the Governor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● Lloyd Cress, Environmental Protection Commissioner (R-KY) Probed in merit system scandal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Fletcher
● I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney found guilty of obstruction of justice and perjury. March 6, 2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Libby
● Criminal charges filed against Republican Pennsylvania State Senator Robert Regola in connection with the death of a teenage neighbor who was shot with the senator’s gun; he is accused of three counts of perjury, allowing possession of a firearm by a minor, recklessly endangering another person and false swearing. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_465348.html
● Republican Dalton Tanonaka, former Lt. gubernatorial and congressional candidate (R-HI) Three months in prison for disguising and failing to report campaign loans. Also investigated for possible illegal foreign funding from Hong Kong and Japan. http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/04/news/story02.html
● Former Deputy Interior Secretary J. Steven Griles, an oil and gas lobbyist who became an architect of George W. Bush’s energy policies, pleads guilty to obstructing justice by lying to a Senate committee. March 23, 2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Steven_Griles
● Republican state Senate candidate Mark Tate is indicted on nine counts of perjury and two counts of election fraud by a grand jury. May 21, 2007: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Mark+D.+Tate?tid=informline
● Republican state House candidate Angelo Cappelli is arrested for perjury and grand theft. August 15, 2007: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=309a8afd-eb98-48df-aa20-4a77754883ce&rss=794
● Republican Alexandra Prokos -Perjury – In the Gov. George Ryan’s corruption probe. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9504EFDE1F31F93AA15756C0A9659C8B63&n=Top%2FReference%2FTimes%20Topics%2FPeople%2FR%2FRyan%2C%20George
● Republican Montana Rep. Scott Boggio. Pleaded guilty to a blood alcohol level of 0.14 percent when he was arrested. The legal limit in Montana is 0.08. http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/03/21/news/state/52-dui.txt
● Connecticut Republican Party Chairman Chris Healy is arrested for drunk driving (he pled no contest on June 1, but didn’t publicly disclose the event until June 11). May 15, 2007: http://nadams.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/despite-dui-healy-re-elected-republican-state-chairman
● Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) Recipient of $10,000 from ARMPAC in 2003. Arrested for DWI in South Dakota. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Brady
● Dr. W. David Hager http://fluffer-union.blogspot.com/2007/08/king-is-dead-long-live-king.html
Bush appointee to the FDA, member of Focus on the Family’s Physician Resource Council, player in movement to ban the morning-after-pill. Had an adulterous affair, before divorcing his wife who he raped anally for an eight years. When asked about it, he said, “I missed.” http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050530/mcgarvey
● Michael Dructor‚ Republican candidate for North Wales Borough Mayor‚ Pennsylvania. The woman accused Dructor of hitting her in the head‚ arms and waist‚ ripping her clothing off and choking her after an argument that began around midnight‚ according to the affidavit of probable cause filed in district court. http://www.newsblip.net/article/id_article/5870/grp_id/182/push/1/?PHPSESSID=10fc72a30dd46029e26c1df2cab39e6d
● Republican, Leonard Ray Owens – The longtime leader of the Oregon Christian Coalition and staunch opponent of gay rights admits in a newly released police report that he sexually touched three underage girls. August 30, 2006 A Texas pastor accused of raping a church member after telling her she was possessed by a lesbian demon at his house last year has been indicted. Republican, Leonard Ray Owens, 63, who is free on $25,000 bail, is now awaiting trial on a charge of sexual assault, a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison. He was arrested in November, 2005. Police began investigating Owens last year after a 22-year-old woman reported that Owens raped her twice at his Fort Worth home. The woman told police that in July, several months after she began attending the Prayer House of Faith, she went to Owens’ home for counseling following a miscarriage. Owens told her that a sex spirit and lesbian demon were inside her and needed to be cast out, police said. The pastor then asked her to lie on the floor and began yelling at her as if she were a demon, saying, “Loose her in the name of Jesus,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit. http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa051112_wz_pastorsex.5570060c.html
● Republican anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth is a convicted child rapist in Florida. Howard Scott Heldreth, anti-abortion activist who gained fame during the Shiavo media-circus, was convicted of two charges of raping a child in 2002. Page at Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Sexual Offender/Predator Unit
● Michael Flory, former head of the Michigan Federation of Young Republicans, pleads guilty to sexual abuse. July 24, 2007 http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1185352776235720.xml&coll=2
● Glenn Murphy Jr., recently-elected Chairman of the Young Republican National Federation, is accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping man – and that’s not the first time it’s happened. July 29, 2007: http://www.news-tribune.net/breakingnews/local_story_219210228.html
● State Rep. and House Minority Leader Galen Fox (R-HI). Jan. 2006. Convicted on federal charges of fondling a woman on a Honolulu to Los Angeles commercial flight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galen_Fox
● John Bryan – St Petersburg, FL city council member. Bryan resigned from the town council, then drove home and committed suicide. He was accused of molesting three teenage girls whom he adopted.
● Joshua Dickens, Republican Constable of Faulkner County. (AK) Severely beat, burned, handcuffed and kidnaped woman he was in a relationship with. Sentenced 5 yrs, could be released within 1 year. After the trial, a 16-year-old girl, also made accusations to the police that she had been sexually assaulted by the young man. Sept. 29th, 2005. http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=5&id=26149
● Republican County Commissioner Patrick Lee McGuire surrendered to police after allegedly molesting girls between the ages of 8 and 13. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Patrick_Lee_McGuire.htm
● Republican prosecutor Larry Corrigan was arrested for soliciting sex from 13-year old girls. http://www.komotv.com/news/4795006.html
● Republican Mayor Jeffrey Kyle Randall was sentenced to 275 days in jail for molesting two boys — ages ten and 12 — during a six-year period. http://www.wkbt.com/global/story.asp?s=4075665&ClientType=Print
● Right-wing Republican activist Jeffrey Ray Nielsen –a lawyer with close ties to Congressman Dana Rohrabacher –has been accused of having sex with a fourteen-year-old boy in 2003, as well as maintaining a cache of gay porn. Ironically, the extensive legal delay in this case has led to new allegations by other victims. http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/our-thing/25902/
● Republican William Gillin, 53, Pittsburgh, PA, August 30, 2006 A former college administrator, a former Christian bookstore owner and a former policeman admitted to sexual misconduct with a teenage boy. They were among five men arrested in March as part of an ongoing investigation of men who meet boys through Internet chat rooms, authorities said.William Gillin, 53, republican and Paul Skiles, 63, republican, both of Johnstown, pleaded guilty yesterday to corruption of minors, indecent assault and unlawful communications with minors. Mr. Gillin is the former alumni relations director at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. Mr. Skiles owned the now-closed B&K Christian Bookstore in Richland Township. Some of the incidents occurred when the boy was 16, prosecutors said. He is now 17. http://mac10.umc.pitt.edu/u/FMPro?-db=ustory&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;-lay=a&-format=d.html&storyid=7160&-Find
● Republican Paul Skiles, 63 Pittsburgh, PA, August 30, 2006 A former college administrator, a former Christian bookstore owner and a former policeman admitted to sexual misconduct with a teenage boy. They were among five men arrested in March as part of an ongoing investigation of men who meet boys through Internet chat rooms, authorities said.William Gillin, 53, republican and Paul Skiles, 63, republican, both of Johnstown, pleaded guilty yesterday to corruption of minors, indecent assault and unlawful communications with minors. Mr. Gillin is the former alumni relations director at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. Mr. Skiles owned the now-closed B&K Christian Bookstore in Richland Township. Some of the incidents occurred when the boy was 16, prosecutors said. He is now 17. http://mac10.umc.pitt.edu/u/FMPro?-db=ustory&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;-lay=a&-format=d.html&storyid=7160&-Find
● Republican County Board Candidate Brent Schepp was charged with molesting a 14-year old girl and killed himself three days later. http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_290194825.html
● Republican executive Randall Casseday of the conservative Washington Times newspaper pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from a 13-year old girl on the internet. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/09/28/wash-times-human-_n_30450.html
● Republican Pat McPherson, Douglas County Election Commissioner. Arrested for fondling a 17-year-old girl. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Central/12/17/nebraska.scandal.ap/
● Republican chairman of the Oregon Christian Coalition Lou Beres confessed to molesting a 13-year old girl. http://www.gayrightswatch.com/2006/08/exclusive-lou-beres-of-christian.html
● Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd pleaded guilty to charges of soliciting sex from an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/denton/stories/DN-constable_04met.ART.North.Edition2.28d2.html
● Republican Party leader Bobby Stumbo was arrested for having sex with a 5-year old boy. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Bobby_Stumbo.htm
● Republican petition drive manager Tom Randall pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 14, one of them the daughter of an associate in the petition business. http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/homepage/article_1158949.php
● Republican County Chairman Armando Tebano pleaded guilty to fondling a 14-year-old girl. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Armando_Tebano.htm
● Republican teacher and former city councilman John Collins pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/John_Collins.htm
● Republican campaign worker Mark Seidensticker, 45, of Concord and Ogunquit, Maine, was arrested in Concord, accused of inappropriate contact with teenage boys. http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2005/11/22/ex_aide_to_official_faces_jail_in_solicting_minor/ http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050902/REPOSITORY/509020305/0/FRONTPAGE
● Republican Mayor Tom Adams was arrested for distributing child pornography over the internet. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Tom_Adams2.htm
● Republican Mayor John Gosek was arrested on charges of soliciting sex from two 15-year old girls. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/John_Gosek.htm
● Republican Committeeman John R. Curtin was convicted of molesting an underage teenage boy and sentenced to serve six to 18 months in prison. http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/NEWS/706190304/-1/NEWS01
● Director of the “Young Republican Federation” Nicholas Elizondo molested his 6-year old daughter and was sentenced to six years in prison. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Nicholas_Elizondo.htm
● Republican benefactor of conservative Christian groups, Richard A. Dasen Sr., was charged with rape for allegedly paying a 15-year old girl for sex. Dasen, 62, who is married with grown children and several grandchildren, has allegedly told police that over the past decade he paid more than $1 million to have sex with a large number of young women. http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005/07/14/news/mtregional/news07.txt
● Republican radio personality Scott Eller Cortelyou of Denver arrested on suspicion of using the Internet to lure a child into a sexual relationship. January 23, 2007: http://co.jefferson.co.us/news/news_item_T3_R475.htm
● Republican Judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
● Republican city councilman Mark Harris, who is described as a “good military man” and “church goer,” was convicted of repeatedly having sex with an 11-year-old girl and sentenced to 12 years in prison.
● Republican strategist and Citadel Military College graduate Robin Vanderwall was convicted in Virginia on five counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet. Director of Faith & Family Alliance, (a Christian Coalition spin off), former student of Pat Robertson’s Regent University, member of Ralph Reed’s inner circle who funneled money to from lobbiest Jack Abromoff to Reed, convicted in Virginia for soliticing sex from a 13-year-old-boy and on four other counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet. Currently serving a 7 year term in a Virginian State Prison. Virginian-Pilot Article
● Republican anti-gay activist Earl “Butch” Kimmerling was sentenced to 40 years in prison for molesting an 8-year old girl after he attempted to stop a gay couple from adopting her. http://www.armchairsubversive.com/kimmerling.htm
● Republican Party leader Paul Ingram pleaded guilty to six counts of raping his daughters and served 14 years in federal prison. http://members.aol.com/IngramOrg/
● Spokane Mayor Jim West (R-WA) Under Federal and state investigation for abusing his office to obtain sexual favors and soliciting sex over the Internet from underage males. He was also accused of misusing his office as mayor to lure teenage boys for sexual relationships. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._West_%28politician%29
● Republican election board official Kevin Coan was sentenced to two years probation for soliciting sex over the internet from a 14-year old girl. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/kevin_coan.htm
● Republican politician Andrew Buhr was charged with two counts of first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy. http://www.thevitalvoice.com/2002/2002_1227/rathmann.html
● Republican politician Keith Westmoreland was arrested on seven felony counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition to minors under 16 (i.e. exposing himself to children). He later committed suicide: http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/06/20/tenn.lawmaker.dead/index.html
● Republican anti-abortion activist John Allen Burt was charged with sexual misconduct involving a 15-year old girl. http://www.feminist.org/news/newsbyte/uswirestory.asp?id=7849
● Republican County Councilman Keola Childs pleaded guilty to molesting a child in Kona Circuit Court to sexual assault in the first degree. http://starbulletin.com/2000/07/20/news/briefs.html
● Republican activist John Butler was charged with criminal sexual assault on a teenage girl.
● Republican candidate Richard Gardner admitted to molesting his two daughters. Then, after being convicted of a felony, tried to run for office again. http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Oct-30-Wed-2002/news/19951668.html
● Republican Councilman and former Marine Jack W. Gardner was convicted of molesting a 13-year old girl. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Jack_Gardner2.htm
● Republican County Commissioner Merrill Robert Barter pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual contact and assault on a teenage boy. http://boothbayregister.maine.com/1999-04-15/barter_pleads_guilty.html
● Republican City Councilman Fred C. Smeltzer, Jr. pleaded no contest to raping a 15 year-old girl and served 6-months in prison. http://www.wgal.com/news/4176008/detail.html
● Republican congressman and anti-gay activist Robert Bauman was charged with having sex with a 16-year-old boy he picked up at a gay bar. In October 1980, Bauman was arrested (and pleaded innocent) on a charge of solicitation and having sex with a 16-year-old male dancer he met at a gay bar. Married and the father of four, he was formerly chairman of the American Conservative Union and took a strong position against gay rights. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bauman
● Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. “Republican Marty”), was taken into custody by Florida police on four counts of unlawful sexual activity with a juvenile and one count of delivering the drug LSD.
● Republican legislative aide Howard L. Brooks was charged with molesting a 12-year old boy and possession of child pornography. A warrant has been issued for Howard Brooks, Republican legislative aid to Assemblyman Phil Wyman (R-Tehachapi,) accused of molesting a twelve-year-old boy-specifically, committing lewd acts on a child, continuous sexual abuse, and possession of child porn. The Los Angeles County Family Crimes Unit began investigating Brooks after he allegedly sent a sexually explicit letter to an inmate in CA. State Prison, in Sacramento. The letter discussed sexual misconduct with young boys in 2000; according to the case’s prosecutor Rouman Ebrahim, authorities are extending the investigation.
● Republican Senate candidate John Hathaway was accused of having sex with his 12-year old baby sitter and withdrew his candidacy after the allegations were reported in the media. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/hathaway1.htm
● Republican preacher Stephen White, who demanded a return to traditional values, was arrested after allegedly offering $20 to a 14-year-old boy for permission to perform oral sex on him. Rev. C. Stephen White — better known on Penn’s campus as “Brother Stephen” — will face trial on charges of soliciting sex from a 14-year-old boy, according to the West Chester District Attorney’s office. At a preliminary hearing held Aug. 12, White pleaded not guilty to charges of criminal solicitation, criminal attempt to lure a child into a motor vehicle and corruption of minors. All charges will be held for court, according to West Chester Assistant District Attorney Kimberly Callahan, who will prosecute the case. White is married and has three sons and republican fundraiser in the area. http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/8796?badlink=1
● Republican talk show host Jon Matthews pleaded guilty to exposing his genitals to an 11 year old girl. http://www.fortbendnow.com/news/1608/former-radio-host-arrested-for-allegedly-violating-probation-in-child-indecency-case
● Bob Allen of Florida. July11, 2007: Republican state Representative and Florida co-Chairman of McCain for President. Allen was arrested in Titusville, FL, for solicited an undercover male officer inside a restroom and offering to perform oral sex for $20. The arresting offices stated that he noticed Allen acting suspiciously as he went in and out of the men’s restroom three times. Also see: ✺ Paul Robert Balach http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-allen1307jul13,0,5667267.story
● Republican activist Mark A. Grethen convicted on six counts of sex crimes involving children, including his own. http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavtx/3244031.txt
● Republican Committeeman John R. Curtain was charged with molesting a teenage boy and unlawful sexual contact with a minor. http://www.armchairsubversive.org/John_Curtain.htm
● Republican activist Randal David Ankeney, arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a child with force. He faces 6 charges related to getting a 13-year-old girl stoned on pot and then having sex with her. Also accused of sexually assaulting another girl. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/1130885/detail.html
● Republican Congressman Dan Crane had sex with a minor working as a congressional page. Dan Crane, Republican Congressman, married, father of six.
● Republican activist and Christian Coalition leader Beverly Russell admitted to an incestuous relationship with his step daughter, Susan Smith, who later drowned her two children. http://www.teleplex.net/shj/smith/trial/smithsss.html
● Republican city councilman Joseph Monteleone Jr. was found guilty of fondling underage girls. http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/05/05/monteleone-found-guilty/
● Republican congressional aide Jeffrey Nielsen was arrested for having sex with a 14-year old boy. http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/our-thing/25902/
● Republican Congressman Donald “Buz” Lukens was found guilty of having sex with a minor and sentenced to one month in jail. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101890213-151183,00.html
● Republican pastor Mike Hintz, whom George W. Bush commended during the 2004 presidential campaign, surrendered to police after admitting to a sexual affair with a juvenile. http://www.kcci.com/news/3976822/detail.html
● Republican legislator Peter Dibble pleaded no contest to having an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old girl. http://www.newschannel8.com/Global/story.asp?S=1749917
● Republican legislator Edison Misla Aldarondo was sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping his daughter between the ages of 9 and 17 http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Edison_Misla_Aldarondo.htm
● Republican Mayor Philip Giordano is serving a 37-year sentence in federal prison for sexually abusing 8- and 10-year old girls.
● Republican campaign consultant Tom Shortridge was sentenced to three years probation for taking nude photographs of a 15-year old girl.
http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Tom_Shortridge3.htm – L.A. Times
● Republican campaign worker, police officer and self-proclaimed reverend Steve Aiken was convicted of having sex with two underage girls.
● Republican advertising consultant Carey Lee Cramer was sentenced to six years in prison for molesting two 8-year old girls, one of whom appeared in an anti-Gore television commercial. http://heartlandvalues.blogspot.com/2005/06/ad-creator-charged-with-molestation.html
● Republican former South Dakota State Representative Ted Klaudt is charged with eight counts of second-degree rape, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, one count of sexual contact with a child younger than 16, two counts of witness tampering and one count of stalking against two foster children in his care. May 18, 2007: http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,57158
● Rep. Brian J. Doyle, The deputy press secretary for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security was arrested Tuesday, April 04, 2006, for using the Internet to seduce what he thought was a teenage girl, authorities said. He was arrested in Maryland where he lives on charges of use of a computer to seduce a child and transmission of harmful material to a minor. The charges were issued out of Polk County, Fla. http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/04/homeland.arrest/index.html
● Monsignor Alan J. Placa works for Giuliani Partners, annulled Giuliani’s first marriage, baptized two of Rudy’s kids and was even the priest at the funeral for Rudy’s mom. Placa is a Catholic priest accused of sexually molesting boys and who also was the lawyer for a now-closed Whitinsville counseling house for troubled priests that has been described as the center of a pedophile sex ring.
● Republican County Commissioner David Swartz pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 11 and was sentenced to 8 years in prison. Ohio- Sexual Assault, Child Pornography. Investigation Target: http://www.armchairsubversive.com/David_Swartz.htm
He faces up to 10 years in prison at an upcoming sentencing. 2nd investigation involving another child has not gone to trial, yet.
● Republican activist Parker J. Bena pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography on his home computer and was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison and fined $18,000. http://blogs.salon.com/0002551/2003/12/08.html#a516
● Republican parole board officer and former Colorado state representative, Larry Jack Schwarz, was fired after child pornography was found in his possession.
With his political career over, he went to work in the hard-core pornography industry for Platinum X Pictures, owned by his daughter, porn starlet Jewel De’Nyle (Stephany Schwarz). http://www.armchairsubversive.com/schwarz.htm
● Republican Committee Chairman Jeffrey Patti was arrested for distributing a video clip of a 5-year-old girl being raped. http://www.dailyrecord.com/news/articles/news2-GNJarrests.htm
● Republican fundraiser Richard A. Delgaudio was found guilty of child porn charges. http://www.wbaltv.com/news/2153721/detail.html
● Nicholas Morency, who recently pled guilty to offering a $1.5 million contract to anyone who would murder an abortion provider. In the course of the investigation, authorities also turned up a computer packed with child pornography. http://www.armchairsubversive.com/morency2.htm – Dallas Morning News
● Republican Judge Ronald C. Kline pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography on his home computer. http://www.metnews.com/articles/2005/klei121405.htm
● Republican president of the New York City Housing Development Corp. Russell Harding (former top Giuliani administration official) sentenced 62 months, embezzled $400,000 NYC revenue. Also pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography on his computer. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30F12F73C5B0C718EDDAE0894DD404482&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fSubjects%2fE%2fEmbezzlement http://www.armchairsubversive.org/Russell_Harding.htm
● Stephen Linnen, the “Naked Photographer” is a former lawyer for the Ohio House Republican caucus. He ambushed women in the nude and took photos of their shocked expressions. He was sentenced last year to 18 months and ordered not to possess any cameras, video equipment or recording device of any kind. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=News&id=891746
● Brent Parker Utah State Representetive. Arrested for soliciting sex from an undercover officer posing as a male prostitute. http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,565036793,00.html
● Republican Jack Burkmana reportedly has been caught allegedly offering to pay $1,000 for sex with two homosexuals … Republican operative Jack Burkmana former lobbyist for “Family Research Council” The council and Mr. Burkmana support and donate money to the Bush administration and the GOP. He was also listed on the DC Madam’s phone list. http://wonkette.com/politics/dept
● Joseph M. McDade, 75, was issued a summons on a charge of exposure of sexual organs, a misdemeanor that carries up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The longtime Pennsylvania Republican congressman who served for 36 years in the House and now works for a Washington lobbying firm, has been accused of exposing his private parts to two women at a beach resort on Sanibel Island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_M._McDade#Indecent_exposure
● Neal Horsley has called for the arrest of all homosexuals. Admitted on the Fox News Radio’s The Alan Colmes Show, that he’s had sex with mules. Put photographs on his Web site of naked men engaging in homosexual acts and a nude woman engaging in bestiality amid shots of grotesquely maimed fetuses. Drug dealer convicted of possession of hashish with intent to sell. He calls for “the establishment of a new government, one that can obey God’s plan for government.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Horsley
● Republican Matthew Glavin, president and CEO of the Southeastern Legal Foundation, big player in the Clinton Impeachment, and many anti-gay jihads, has been arrested multiple times for public indeceny, one time fondling the crotch of the officer who was arresting him. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101001016-91795,00.html
● Republican businessman Jon Grunseth withdrew his candidacy for Minnesota governor after allegations surfaced that he went swimming in the nude with four underage girls, including his daughter.
● Republican Paul Crouch was a televangelist and former president of Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). In September 2004, the “Los Angeles Times” broke the story of how TBN paid $425,000 to Enoch Lonnie Ford in an attempt to stop him from revealing his relations with Crouch. Ford, a former TBN employee, claims to have had sexual liaisons with Crouch at the network-owned cabin at Lake Arrowhead in 1996.
● Republican Judge Donald Thompson from Oklahoma, on June 29, 2006 was found guilty on four counts of indecent exposure after using a penis pump while presiding over court cases. The jury recommended four years in prison and $40,000 per count in fines. Thompson insisted throughout his trial that he had never masturbated while on the bench, and that the penis pump was a gag gift which he had never used. Police, however, found evidence of semen on his chair and robes, and audio recordings of trials included a “whooshing” sound that the judge could not explain.
● Republican, Nicholas Morency, who recently pled guilty to offering a $1.5 million contract to anyone who would murder an abortion provider. In the course of the investigation, authorities also turned up a computer packed with child pornography. http://www.armchairsubversive.com/morency2.htm – Dallas Morning News
● Mark Foley -Republican Congressman Mark Foley abruptly resigned from Congress after “sexually explicit” emails surfaced showing him flirting with a 16-year old boy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Foley
● Republican Senator Larry Craig. Arrested for lewd conduct in the men’s bathroom of an airport. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig
● Republican Senator David Vitter acknowledged being on the D.C. Madam’s list and past involvement with prostitutes: Also likes to wear diapers during his trysts with the Canal Street Prostitutes in New Orleans. July 16, 2007. Also: Linked to Abramoff in a case involving a Louisiana Indian tribe. http://righthandthief.blogspot.com/2007/07/canal-steet-madam-says-vitter-was.html
● Jon Hinson of Mississippi. He resigned after being caught in April 1981 performing oral sodomy in a House office building public restroom. He was then married and a fierce conservative. However, he admitted that in 1976 he was accused of having oral sex in a Virginia gay bar and that in 1977 he had survived a fire in a D.C. gay movie theater. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Hinson
● South Carolina Republican state Treasurer and South Carolina Chairman of Giuliani for President Thomas Ravenel is indicted by a grand jury on cocaine distribution charges. June 19, 2007 http://wonkette.com/politics/dept
(just plain old ) PROSTITUTION
● Republican Senator David Vitter (LA) Being investigated for the D.C. Madam controversy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Vitter#D.C._Madam_controversy
● Republican former state legislator Coy Privette is charged with six counts of aiding and abetting prostitution http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/246317.html
WHITE HOUSE GAY PROSTITUTE RING
(if you haven’t read about this before, you wouldn’t be the first)
● Republican activist Lawrence E. King, Jr. organized child sex parties at the White House during the 1980s. http://www.voxfux.com/features/bush_child_sex_coverup/franklin.htm
● Craig J. Spence, Republican lobbyist, was alleged to have taken friends and male prostitutes on late-night cruises through the White House; he was found dead in a Boston hotel room. [Washington Times, July 26, 1989] http://www.voxfux.com/features/bush_child_sex_coverup/franklin.htm
● Paul Robert Balach, was Labor Secretary Elizabeth Dole’s political personnel liaison to the White House. He was also an aide to Rep. Robert Bauman. Balach was part of a major White House scandal during the 1980’s. Children from orphanages in Nebraska were transported around the United States by top Republican officials in order to engage in child sex orgies with America’s ruling elite. Balach paid for homosexual prostitute services which were charged to his credit card. See Charles K. Dutcher, Lawrence E. King, Jr. & Craig J. Spence.
● Charles K. Dutcher, an associate director of presidential personnel in the Reagan administration, apparently paid for homosexual prostitute services with this own credit card.
● Lawrence A. Franklin, In 2005, Republican, Col. Lawrence Franklin, who was working in the office of Douglas Feith, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, was arrested and charged with giving classified documents to two top officials at AIPAC who passed them on to the Israeli embassy. The information concerned US positions toward Iran . The AIPAC officials were also arrested and charged with espionage. Lawrence was found guilty and sentenced to 12 years and seven months in prison and fined $10,000 for passing classified information to AIPAC and an Israeli diplomat. http://www.palestinechronicle.com/story-09040760548.htm
● Major Republican donor Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari, a/k/a Michael Mixon, is indicted in federal court on charges of providing material support to terrorists. February 16, 2007: http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/cats/alishtari/
● Republican Leandro Aragoncillo – 46, was a U.S. Marine most recently assigned to the staff of Vice President Dick Cheney, arrested for spying in the Whitehouse. On October 5, 2005, Aragoncillo was indicted and arrested for espionage in New Jersey. Federal agents accuse him of stealing classified information, including information about the current President of the Philippines, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and passing it to opposition leaders in that country. The FBI referred to his arrest as representing the first known case of espionage from within the White House. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Aragoncillo
● Steve Rosen, American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Indicted for criminal conspiracy involving classified national security information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Rosen
● Keith Weismann, AIPAC Indicted for criminal conspiracy involving classified national security information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Weissman
● Richard Leonard, former manager of Linda Schrenko Campaign. Guilty on attempted witness tampering. http://atlanta.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel06/witnesstampering082406.htm
● Linda Schrenko, Georgia School Superintendent. Indicted on federal charges of stealing taxpayer money. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Schrenko
● Republican Scott Falwell. Racketeering, mail fraud and obstruction of justice. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906E2D8133EF930A25750C0A9659C8B63&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fSubjects%2fR%2fRacketeering%20and%20Racketeers
● Hayes Martin, Treasurer of Charles Taylor’s congressional campaign (R-NC) Indicted, fraud and money laundering. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Taylor
● Lawrence Novak, Atty, vice chairman state (Mass.) Republican PartyDisposition: Indicted, money-laundering charges accusing him of offering to “cleanse” drug proceeds for a legal client (Scott Holyoke). http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/09/14/gop_figure_faces_charges_of_money_laundering/
● Robert Vellanoweth, a Republican activist and appointee of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, is arrested on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter and felony driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, after a crash that killed three adults and one child. March 28, 2007: http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=25998
● Major Republican fundraiser Brent Wilkes and former CIA executive director Kyle “Dusty” Foggo are indicted by a grand jury for corrupting CIA contracts. February 14, 2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Wilkes
● Ronald Reagan’s budget director, David Stockman, “indicted on charges of defrauding investors and banks of $1.6 billion while chairman of Collins & Aikman Corp., an auto parts maker that collapsed days after he quit” March 27, 2007 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stockman
● Major Republican donor Alan Fabian is charged with 23 counts of bankruptcy fraud, mail fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, and perjury. August 9, 2007: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
● Allen Raymond, GOP Marketplace President (R-NH) Pleaded guilty, conspiracy, GOTV phone line jamming, Sununu 2002 campaign. http://www.senatemajority.com/node/213
● James Tobin, the former New England Regional Director of the Republican National Committee for jamming phone service to five Democratic Party offices during the 2002 elections. Found guilty of criminally violating federal communications law. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/16/AR2006051601712.html
● Gov. Bob Taft (R-OH) Misuse of state funds/ethics violations. Convicted, four first degree misdemeanors, pleaded no contest (admission of guilt). $4000 fine and public apology. Two Federal Grand Juries, one state Grand Jury still investigating Taft. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Taft#Criminal_conviction
● Thomas Noe, Bush-Cheney 04 campaign chair, NW Ohio; Turnpike Commissioner; University Regent (R-OH) Misuse of state funds for rare coin fund. Indicted by Federal grand jury, arrested in Florida. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Noe
● Bernadette Noe, Thomas Noe’s wife, Chairman of Lucas County GOP; Chairman of Lucas Co. Board of Elections (R-OH). Misuse of state funds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Noe
● Brian Hicks, Chief of Staff to Gov. Bob Taft, member Ohio University Board of Trustees (R-OH) Convicted for an ethics violation dealing with his stay at Tom Noe’s home in Florida. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Noe
● Cherie Carroll, Chief of Staff Executive Secretary to Gov. Bob Taft (R-OH) Convicted for accepting the payment of meals at “fine dining establishments” valued at over $500 from Tom Noe while he was doing business with Ohio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Noe
● Chuck McGee, former executive director of the Republican state committee. Sununu 2002 campaign Republican phone-jamming scheme. Sentenced to seven months in federal prison. http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles
● Republican, Adam Taff, 2004 congressional candidate, (R-KS). Indicted for campaign violations and wire fraud. http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/politics/4864086/detail.html
● Former Congressman Bill Janklow (R-SD) Convicted of manslaughter and jailed for killing a man with his car after blowing through a stop sign at a high rate of speed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Janklow
● Republican and Former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, Lester Crawford. On October 17, 2006, he plead guilty “to conflict of interest and false reporting of information about stocks he owned in food, beverage and medical device companies he was in charge of regulating.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Crawford
● Rep. Don Sherwood (R-PA) Investigated by DC police for assaulting and choking a 29-year old Maryland woman. Sherwood, who is married and campaigned for office on “family values”, also has been sued by the woman, who claims he attacked and choked her in their “love nest.” Sherwood defended himself by stating that he wasn’t trying to choke her – he was just trying to give her a “back rub”.
● State Rep. Dan Doyle (R-OR) Convicted for misuse of campaign funds. http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070803/NEWS/708030317
● Vincent Cianci, Mayor of Providence (R-RI) Convicted in 2002 and sentenced to 5 years in prison for conspiracy related to Federal charges of racketeering, extortion, witness tampering, and mail fraud. Also resigned from office in 1984 after being convicted of assaulting a man with a lit cigarette, an ashtray and a fireplace log. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Cianci,_Jr
● Republican zoning supervisor, Boy Scout leader and Lutheran church president Dennis L. Rader pleaded guilty to performing a sexual act on an 11-year old girl he murdered. BTK killer.
● Ted Bundy campaigned for the Republican Party. Infamous serial rapist who murdered 16 women. Source: BBC
● Jim Bakker, televangelist with Pat Robertson at Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting network. Committed adultery with Jessica Hahn and then used charitable donations to pay her hush money. Fellow televangelists say he’s gay. Indicted on 23 federal charges of fraud, tax evasion, and racketeering.
● Jimmy Swaggart, televangelist, said during a sermon “I’m trying to find the correct name for it … this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. … I’ve never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I’m gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I’m gonna kill him and tell God he died.” Had an affair with a prostitute.
TALK SHOW HOSTS
● Bill O’Reilly, Right-wing conservative talk show host on Fox News, sued for sexual harrassment by his producer. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1013043mackris1.html
● Right wing talk show host Rush Limbaugh – Illegal Drug use – 30 pills a day habit: 2003 http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/rushletters1.html
● Bob Packwood, Senator (R-Ore.), resigned in 1995 under a threat of public senate hearings related to 10 female ex-staffers accusing him of sexual harassment. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/frenzy/packwood.htm
● John Peterson, Congressman (R-Pa), accused of sexual harassment and creation of a hostile work environment by six women. Peterson has refused to admit a crime, saying only “I may have been an excessive hugger.”
Republican Party Chairman Sam Walls, who is married, was urged to drop his candidacy for Congress when it was found he likes to dress up in women’s clothing http://www.armchairsubversive.org/sam_walls.htm
Are we sure this isn’t Howard Stern?